Why Live Your Life with Purpose?
We are designed to engage and connect with all that is living in the world. Your ability and depth to connect are essential to your survival, quality of human engagement, and achieving fulfilment in life.
The human brain is dependant on sensory stimulation, nutrition, movement, and connection for optimum neurological development and growth throughout your life. In a calm and safe environment, the parasympathetic nervous system is responsible for this sense of connectedness and growth.
However, when FEAR is perceived or when your unconscious mind believes your survival is threatened, the sympathetic nervous system stimulates the HPA or the Hypothalamic Pituitary Adrenal Axis into a fight-or-flight response. This causes the secretion of the stress hormones cortisol, adrenaline and noradrenaline from the adrenal glands to help you cope with the situation.
This essential response may benefit you short-term by supporting your survival. However, long-term is a leading cause in disrupting your body's homeostatic balance and lead to illness and disease.
What's the Solution?
There is more than one solution to a multi-dimensional complex problem, and these can be considered through identifying and resolving the contributing factors causing to stimulate the HPA or 'fight or flight' response.
The following is a start in modifying and managing the effects of long-term stress:
- Prioritise your health: Evaluate the value or importance of your health.
- Self-awareness: Learn to identify the warning signs & triggers.
- Whole food diet: Eat a variety of seasonal fresh whole foods, avoid sugar and refined carbohydrates, and drink plenty of well-filtered water.
- Minimise caffeine: Beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft-drinks.
- Establish routines - Prioritising your organisation and planning skills can play a significant role in helping to establish security.
- Exercise and practice relaxation techniques - Mindfulness, yoga, meditation, and breathing exercises.
- Make time for people you care about - To feel a sense of love and connection is an essential need within your nature.
- Notice your ‘Self-Talk': Learn to re-program what you say to yourself along with the thoughts playing in your mind. This self-talk may include judgements and criticisms like: ‘I can't cope’, ‘I am too busy’, ‘I am so tired’, 'I am not enough' or 'I need to do more.'
Contact us if you would like to discuss further in-depth solutions to help improve your life.